Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year...New Creation!

Happy New Year! Even though it is now the 7th of January, I figured I give myself a few days to enjoy the new year alone with God, and my family before I jumped back into blogging/inspirational musing. I don't do new year's resolutions because it's just not for me. Whatever I want out of life I will seek God, and pursue it, and if I "remain in him, and in his words, I may ask for anything I want, and it will be granted" (don't believe me check St. John 15:7 NLT). I will say this much my future looks bright because I have high hopes. I was talking to someone recently and said, 'my future looks bright!' and they said, "Why?, are you coming into some money, buying a bigger home, or going on a vacation this year." That statement bugged me a little because it seems as if people can't see a blessing unless it's wrapped in materialistic, or monetary wrapping paper. I see a brighter future because I see God as the center of it all, holding me and leading me, and I'm so relaxed in his arms. I've been the one who has always wanted to take the lead. There is something about the word new that makes me smile, and we are given so many new experiences each day. New simply means, "not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time." Everyday we wake to a new day, and his mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23). I feel like the life I am living in 2012 is NEW, never have I been so happy and optimistic about life. This is the life God was talking about, the abundant life where I don't have to be fearful, forgetful, angry, lost, and frustrated. I love how the New Living Translation quotes 2 Corinthians 5:15-17: "He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them. So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! The words from this passage of scripture is so refreshing...This is how I feel and how I wish most people would feel everyday about their future and about living for God. The old is gone, and I am so glad. 2011 was a tough year, but I got through it. I did not see death, so that's all that matters. I am still in the land of the living, giving God the praise for who he is and what he has done. I'm not worried about what was done, said, thought, unaccomplished, wasted, or sabotaged, I'm looking forward to new experiences, new dreams, new creations in Christ Jesus! I am totally Blessed, and feel New!

No comments:

Post a Comment